If you own one of the best Bunn coffeemakers available in the market today, it is critical that you also know how to clean a Bunn coffee maker.
If you have knowledge of such, it will be possible for you to maintain its best quality, which will allow it to make better coffee and enjoy the long-term functionality of the product.
To clean your Bunn coffeemaker, you will need a toothpick, vinegar, and the Bunn de-liming tool provided in the package of the product.
Simply follow the steps that will be mentioned below.
- Unplug the Bunn coffee maker.
- Clean the spray head
- Once you are sure that the plug is removed, open the top and take out the spray head. By using a toothpick, gently clean the spray head and clean any debris found in any of its holes. After which, rinse it with clean water and set it aside.
- Insert the deliming tool in the area where the spray head has been removed, which should have been visible by now. Insert the entire tool in the tube’s opening until only two inches are left outside the tube.
- Once the deliming tool is inserted, have it pulled in and out several times. It is recommended by the manufacturer that this is done at least five to six times or until you notice that it is already free from dirt.
- The next thing that you need to do is to fill the pot and reservoir with clean water. Plug the brewer again and let it run first using clean water to rinse the spray head, which is recommended to be done twice.
- Clean the reservoir and coffee pot. For the best results, it is recommended that you clean with vinegar.
- Fill the reservoir with at least 1 quart of the vinegar and let it run.
- Then, dispose of the vinegar from the reservoir, fill the reservoir and pot with clean water, and run it at least 10 times for thorough cleaning. This will make sure that any residue of vinegar will be removed before it is used for brewing.
To maintain the best quality of the coffee maker for a long time, do this routine at least once every three months to maintain the best office coffee maker performance.
Related reading: Best Coffee Maker For Single Person
Which Bunn Coffee Makers Can I Clean Using This Method?
You can use this method to clean these Bunn coffee machines:
- BUNN GRBD Velocity Brew High Altitude Original 10-Cup Home Brewer
- BUNN VP17-1SS Pourover Coffee Brewer with 1-Warmer
- BUNN Heat N Brew Programmable 10 Cup Coffee Maker
- Bunn VPR 12 Cup Commercial Pourover Coffee Maker
- BUNN VPR-2GD 12-Cup Pourover Commercial Coffee Brewer
- BUNN CWTF15-APS, Commercial Airpot Coffee Brewer
- BUNN Axiom 15-3 Automatic Commercial 12-Cup Coffee Maker
- BUNN VLPF 12-Cup Automatic Commercial Coffee Maker
- BUNN BX Speed Brew Classic 10-Cup Coffee Brewer
- BUNN BT BT Speed Brew 10-Cup Thermal Carafe Home Coffee Brewer
- BUNN VPS 12-Cup Pourover Commercial Coffee Brewer
- BUNN BX-D Velocity Brew 10-Cup Coffee Brewer
- BUNN GRB Velocity Brew 10-Cup Home Coffee Brewer
- BUNN VP17-3, 12-Cup Low Profile Pourover Commercial Coffee Maker
- BUNN GRW Velocity Brew 10-Cup Home Coffee Brewer
- BUNN MCU My Cafe Single Cup Multi Use Coffee Brewer
- BUNN CSB2B Speed Brew Elite 10-Cup Coffee Maker
- BUNN 55200 CSB3T Speed Brew Platinum Thermal 10 Cup Coffee Maker
- BUNN 52700 CSB2G Speed Brew Elite 10 Cup Coffee Maker
Cleaning a Bunn coffeemaker is a simple process that requires little effort and not much time. With the right supplies and following the proper steps, you can have your Bunn coffee maker cleaned and running like new in no time.
Regular cleaning and maintenance of your coffee machine will help ensure the optimal performance of the machine and the quality of your coffee.