How To Cook Hot Dogs In Toaster Oven?
At some point in our lives, we’ve all likely craved a hotdog but been too lazy to fire up a barbecue. On those occasions, we’ve had no choice but to go out and buy one.
Other times, we might’ve been too lazy even to do that, and simply let our cravings pass. But after reading this article, anyone can easily prepare a hotdog at home with minimal effort.
I’ll be explaining how to cook toaster oven hot dogs using only a toaster oven, a convenient method for quickly preparing a couple of delicious hotdogs in mere minutes.
How to cook hot dogs in a toaster oven?
The time needed: 10 minutes.
Here is a step-by-step rundown of the hotdog cooking process using your toaster oven.
- Cut The Sausage
- Preheat The Oven
To prepare the toaster oven, you need to preheat it to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. We would recommend placing aluminum foil over the tray to make the clean-up easier.
- Cook The Sausage From One Side
Once you’re done with the preparations, place the hotdogs on the oven tray and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Cook The Sausage From the Other Side
Afterward, flip the hotdogs and cook them again for 3 to 4 minutes. After it’s finished, you will have your hotdogs ready. You will find that they’re crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. This can only be achieved through toaster ovens. However, if you don’t preheat the oven, it might take a little more time to cook.
- Toast Your Buns
You can now toast your buns if you prefer it, and you’ll have your hotdog ready to eat.
- It is essential to make a few cuts before you cook the sausage. Otherwise, it may even explode from the steam being captured in a small space.
- You shouldn’t forget to turn over the hotdog, or you’ll have one that’s overcooked on one side and raw on the other.
- You should always use metal pans and utensils when cooking with toaster ovens and be careful not to use plastic materials.
- If you want to make a stuffed hotdog, you can slit it from top to bottom beforehand and start cooking it facing down. Once you’re at the halfway point, you can flip the hotdog and add in cheese and bacon or whatever you prefer in the middle and cook it for the remaining period.
- As the hot dogs cook, you will find cooking juices dripping down, so make sure you have foil paper underneath.
- Different brands of hotdogs may cook in different ways. If the hot dog is drying up and you see wrinkles on its surface, shorten the cooking time.
Now you have an excellent way of enjoying your warm summer evenings with a couple of hotdogs when you are sick and tired of reheating your leftover pizza.
When you’re using hot appliances like ovens, always remember to be careful. Many accidents occur due to not being responsible around cooking appliances, and that is the reason why toaster ovens are banned in locations like dorms and hotels.
As long as you exercise proper caution, you should be fine.
How long to cook hot dogs in toaster oven?
The hot dogs should be cooked for 3-4 minutes in the toaster oven. The whole process including the preparation will take a bit longer around 10-12 minutes.
Cooking hot dogs in toaster oven is an easy and convenient way to make a delicious snack. It’s a great way to enjoy the same flavors as a grilled or boiled hotdog without any of the mess.
The toaster oven is also a great way to make a smaller portion of hotdogs, as you can control how many you cook at one time.
With a few simple steps, you can enjoy a delicious hotdog cooked in a toaster oven in no time.
Enjoy your hotdog!