We all adore pizza. Well, the majority of us do, anyway. It’s typically scrumptious and flavorful when it’s fresh out of the oven or just delivered. However, the challenge arises when it gets cold, as it loses that initial appeal.
Pizza is perfect for those living alone who don’t want to cook, busy moms with limited time to prepare a full homemade meal, or simply anyone who craves that crispy, savory goodness.
That being said, it’s essential to learn the best way how to reheat pizza in a toaster oven, because let’s face it – we often end up with leftovers.
Continue reading if you’re tired of settling for cold, soggy leftover pizza slices and ready to enjoy a warm, satisfying treat.
Step-by-Step Guide to Reheating Pizza in a Toaster Oven
A toaster oven is the best way to get back the juicy, crispy taste that this dish had before it went cold.
Here are the steps you can follow with the toaster oven to achieve that.
- To start, preheat your toaster oven. Let it get to 350°F. It is essential that the baking pan you will be using sits inside the oven during this time.
- When the temperature reaches 350°F, take out the baking pan and put the pizza on it. You can place aluminum foil on the pan if you don’t want to clean up any mess afterward.
- Put the pan back in the oven and give the delicacy about 10 minutes to get warm. The thin crust pizza will warm up faster in 6-8 minutes but deep pan pizza can take up to 14 minutes.
- Check on the pizza slices to ensure they are not burning.
- Get the piping hot pizza out of the oven. Leave the pizza on the pan for about 5 minutes, and then you are free to eat it.
You can apply the same procedure when warming up a hotdog.
These steps work even if you are dealing with frozen pizza. See my detailed guide to cooking frozen pizza here. You can put it in the preheated oven when it gets to room temperature and continue with the rest of the steps.
If you have the new Breville BMO870BSS oven, it will do all jobs for you using its smart defrost and smart reheat programs.
These tips will help ensure that you warm up the leftover pizza correctly.
- Always heat up your oven before you put the slices in there. Preheating makes the dish come out with a crispy crust, which you want, rather than having it all soggy.
- Avoid using too much heat when rewarming it. 350°F is the right temperature you should stick to. Excessive high temperatures will burn the food. Once the cheese starts to melt, you’ll know that your pizza is ready.
- A tip that works well for some people is spritzing some water on the top of the pie. This helps to lock in moisture and prevents it from drying out.
- There is an option of placing the food directly on the oven rack instead of using a baking pan. Some people feel that this method is quicker because it only takes around 7 minutes.
- Learn from your experience and tweak the process depending on your oven type. It may take several tries to get the process and timing right.
- You can also use the reheat function if your toaster oven has one.
One thing about this style of reheating is that it can become messy. The best part is that it will allow the upper and lower sides of the treat to properly warm up because they are exposed to direct heat.
You can place the pizza on a sheet of foil to avoid mess. If you decide to go with a sheet or baking pan, then that’s where preheating the appliance comes in because if you don’t, then the upper layer will not be too crispy.
If you follow these different methods, you will end up with the same results.
What are alternatives to a toaster oven for warming up pizza?
You can also use a pizza oven, air fryer, and conventional oven to reheat cold pizza. And you can warm up almost anything in a microwave.
There’s no denying that you can always enjoy your leftover slice of pizza cold. However, nothing quite compares to the aroma and sensation of a freshly made treat. That’s precisely why understanding the best techniques for reheating pizza in a toaster oven is so valuable.
If you’re a frequent pizza consumer, you’ll truly appreciate this knowledge. In my opinion, the best way to reheat pizza is using a toaster oven. The method I’ve discussed here guarantees that you can reheat your pizza to achieve a taste reminiscent of when it was first prepared.
By following these guidelines, you’ll be rewarded with a crispy crust that most people crave, and delightfully melted cheese on top. Indulging in reheated pizza has never been more satisfying!