One of the things that people find challenging is how to reheat mozzarella sticks. There are different opinions on how to warm up these sticks, and all those views might confuse one.
What worries most individuals is that sometimes, the reheated cheese sticks come out dry, and the crust does not become crispy. The trick is to know the proper way of warming them.
Freshly prepared melty mozzarella sticks taste amazing. The discouraging news is that it doesn’t taste the same after a while, especially, if you had put them in the freezer.
This should not be the end of the world because you can reheat your sticks and continue enjoying them. However, you need to do it right.
View this post on Instagram
MOZZARELLA STICKS 🧀 Before going vegan, mozzarella sticks (what I call mozzi sticks) were arguably my favorite food next to pizza. I was a big cheese fan if you couldn’t tell. I liked them so much that whenever they were on the menu, I ordered them, even if they were from McDonalds. After having now also tried many as a vegan, I can definitely say these are by far my FAVORITE MOZZI STICKS. The cheese on the inside is @violife_foods, which is perfectly melted and stretchy, but the breadcrumb mixture on the outside is where the real magic happens!
You shouldn’t worry about spending a lot of time cooking because you’ll be warming them up. Try out the different ways of reheating mozzarella sticks to find the one that works for you.
Warming up your cheese sticks is not difficult because you don’t need to do a lot of cooking. There isn’t one type of method that must be used to reheat the sticks.
You can choose the process you prefer based on the reheating item you have and the results you want to achieve. You may need to try out the various methods to know which works best for you.
- Can you reheat mozzarella sticks?
- How To Reheat Leftover Mozzarella Sticks In The Oven?
- How To Reheat Mozzarella Sticks In Toaster Oven?
- How To Reheat Cheese Sticks In Pan or Deep Fryer?
- How To Reheat Mozzarella Sticks In The Air Fryer?
- How To Reheat Mozzarella Sticks In The Microwave?
- Reheating Frozen Mozzarella Sticks
- How to store mozzarella sticks?
Can you reheat mozzarella sticks?
Yes, you can definitely reheat your mozzarella sticks. In fact, it’s a great way to enjoy them if you’ve got leftover mozzarella sticks or if you want to enjoy them later.
There are a few different methods you can use to reheat them, depending on your preferences and available kitchen appliances.
Let me walk you through some of the best methods to reheat mozzarella sticks to get them crispy and gooey again.
How To Reheat Leftover Mozzarella Sticks In The Oven?
You cannot compare reheated refrigerated mozzarella sticks with freshly made ones. However, using an oven to warm up the sticks will give you a near experience to the freshly prepared ones.
You need to be patient when warming cheese sticks in an oven because it’s not as fast as it is using a microwave method.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the mozzarella sticks on a baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet inside the oven and leave it for between 5 to 10 minutes, depending on how fast your oven warms up food. You can turn them over with a spatula after about 4 minutes to ensure that it warms evenly.
- Get the sticks out of the oven and enjoy your treat.
It is important to note that you can also reheat cheese sticks if you have frozen them.
The only difference is that you’ll preheat the oven to a temperature of 450oF and leave it in the oven for about 8 to 15 minutes.
How To Reheat Mozzarella Sticks In Toaster Oven?
If you have a quality toaster oven, you are in luck when warming up mozzarella sticks. This appliance provides excellent results.
- Preheat the toaster oven to 450oF.
- Place the TGI Friday’s mozzarella sticks on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Put the cheese sticks in the toaster oven for about 8 to 9 minutes.
The final result will be mozzarella sticks that retain their crispiness on the outside.
Related Reading: Best Toaster Oven Review & Guide
How To Reheat Cheese Sticks In Pan or Deep Fryer?
- Pour some oil into your pan or deep fryer.
- Preheat the oil to 350oF. A deep-fry thermometer will come in handy because it will show you the temperature when the oil is heating up.
- Put the Costco Fried Mozzarella Cheese Stick in the oil.
- Start frying the cheese sticks. Do so for approximately one or two minutes, and you will notice their color changes to a golden brown. Remove the mozzarella sticks from the pan and put them on paper towels. You can now serve them.
Related Reading: Best Cookware Sets Review & Buying Guide
How To Reheat Mozzarella Sticks In The Air Fryer?
Reheating mozzarella sticks in an air fryer is a fantastic option to get them crispy and gooey again. Here’s how you can do it:
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F (190°C).
- Take the mozzarella sticks out of the refrigerator and let them sit at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes to take off the chill.
- Place the sticks in the basket in a single layer, making sure to leave some space between them so that they cook evenly.
- Cook the mozzarella sticks in the air fryer for about 5-7 minutes or until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Once done, remove them from the air fryer and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
Keep in mind that the cooking time may vary depending on the size and thickness of your mozzarella sticks, so be sure to keep an eye on them while they cook.
Reheating mozzarella sticks in a convection air fryer is a great way to get them crispy and melty again without the added oil from frying them again.
Related reading: How To Reheat Cinnamon Rolls?
How To Reheat Mozzarella Sticks In The Microwave?
People have different thoughts on whether or not to use a microwave for reheating cheese sticks.
Some have a rule against never putting any deep-fried food in the microwave because they become soggy. In contrast, others have no problem doing it.
If you decide to use a microwave (maybe you feel adventurous today, or the microwave is the only appliance available, or you’re in a hurry), 10 to 15 seconds are enough for the sticks to get warm.
However, you should already know how fast your microwave warms up food from your experience. This will help you to determine how long to reheat it while preventing it from turning soggy.
- Get a microwave-safe plate and arrange your cheese sticks moderately on it.
- Put the Giorgio Italian Breaded Mozzarella sticks or any other cheese sticks in the microwave and choose high power.
- Let the mozzarella warm up for up to 30 seconds.
- Roll the mozzarella sticks over and put them back in the microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Cut one stick open and confirm whether the inside part is warm. Also, ensure that the cheese is melting. When the mozzarella has properly warmed, sticks are ready and you can enjoy them. If not, you can put it back in the microwave for another 30 seconds.
When warming up your sticks in the microwave, you should remember that leaving them there for too long will make the sticks hard.
This is because the heat sucks out the gluten in the mozzarella. The sticks then become dry.
Related reading: How Much Is A Pat Of Butter?
Reheating Frozen Mozzarella Sticks
One of the things you should keep in mind while warming up frozen cheese sticks is that you need to spread them out. When the sticks have enough room on the baking sheet, they will warm evenly and adequately.
It is essential to note that you should maintain temperatures at 400oF and above (up to 450oF) if dealing with frozen sticks to enable the heat to get inside the mozzarella sticks.
View this post on Instagram
How to store mozzarella sticks?
When you have leftover mozzarella sticks, you might wonder about the best way to store them, so they remain cheesy and delicious when you’re ready to reheat them. Well, fear not, because I have some tips for you to ensure your mozzarella sticks are at their best when it’s time to enjoy them again.
First, you don’t want your leftover sticks sitting at room temperature for more than two hours. Bacteria love to grow in those conditions, and it’s just not safe. Instead, you’ll want to put them in the fridge or freezer, depending on when you plan to reheat the leftovers.
If you know you’ll be indulging in those delicious mozzarella sticks within the next few days, storing them in the fridge is your best bet. To store the sticks, place them in an airtight container or a freezer bag to prevent any moisture loss or funky smells from making their way in. This way, you can be sure your leftover mozzarella sticks stay fresh and ready for a tasty reheat session.
On the other hand, if you think it may be a while before you get to enjoy your mozzarella sticks again, I recommend freezing them to preserve their quality. To freeze the mozzarella sticks, place them in a freezer bag or an airtight container suitable for freezing. This will help them maintain their cheesy goodness and make them just as delightful when it’s time to reheat the leftovers.
Remember, whether you store your mozzarella sticks in the fridge or freezer, proper storage is key to ensuring they remain tasty and ready to be transformed into the delicious, cheesy treat we all love.
Reheating mozzarella sticks is a great way to enjoy them later or to use up leftover sticks.
There are several reheating methods you can use to warm them up. After trying them all, I can confidently say that using an air fryer is the best way to reheat mozzarella sticks. The air fryer will give you that crispy texture on the outside while keeping the cheese on the inside warm and gooey. Plus, using an air fryer is a healthier option compared to deep frying or microwaving.
So, next time you’ve got leftover mozzarella sticks, give the air fryer method a try for the best results.